The European Historic Houses Association is looking for an intern!
Posted on 7 September 2016
European Historic Houses Association
The European Historic Houses Association is looking for an intern, for a period of minimum six months, starting 10 October, 2016. A small financial compensation of €400, – is provided.
Deadline for applications is 21 September, 2016!
The European Historic Houses Association is the Brussels-based voice of privately owned historic houses and gardens to the European institutions. Its membership comprises 24 national associations, representing no less than 50,000 private historic houses. Its goals are:
- To contribute to the recognition of private historic houses and gardens across Europe, as outstanding symbols of Europe’s history and culture which need to be discovered and preserved for future generations to come;
- To encourage the protection and renovation of historic houses, parks, gardens and their landscape to enable society as a whole to enjoy their attractions, beauty and history;
- To provide a platform for the exchange of information and support for national historic houses and gardens associations
- To promote interest in the educational, environmental, economic and social values of historic houses and their gardens.
Profile and Qualifications:
- Excellent command of English and French, both spoken and written.
- Degree in European Affairs, Political Science, History and Cultural Heritage;
- Good knowledge of and interested in cultural heritage, European policy and the role of interest groups;
- Good communication skills
- Organized, motivated;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team
- Knowledge of Spanish is a plus
Important!! The candidate must be covered by an internship agreement, which ensures that the internship is done during his or her education, or within one year after graduation!
- Event organisation
- Administrative and secretarial tasks;
- Contact and liaison with member organizations from across Europe
- Monitor EU legislation regarding issues affecting the organization
- Assist in the coordination of lobby campaigns
- Maintenance and development of the website and social media
- Writing of reports, newsletters, articles, …
- Attending and reporting on external meetings and conferences (notably at the EU institutions)
Please send your CV and cover letter to Ms. Delphine Dupeux email@example.com. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.