Energy and Environment
The European Historic Houses Association has been pursuing a number of campaigns started in 2016 to positively influence the revision of two energy efficiency legislations at the EU level: the Energy Performance of Buildings Directive (EPBD) and the Energy Efficiency Directive (EED), and to a certain extend the Renewable Energy Directive (RED). The goal of the Association is to prevent further measures directly affecting private owners.
To this end, we co-organised a Parliamentary Breakfast on May 30, 2017, on “Reconciling energy efficiency and housing affordability”, together with pan-European associations representing a large part of the private housing and real estate sector in Europe. The event offered a platform to discuss the Energy Performance of Buildings Directive (EPBD) provisions currently under revision. The extent to which our interests were discussed between the European institutions is particularly gratifying.
- 06.04.2016 EHHA.ELO.EPF.TEGoVA.UIPI common letter to the governments of the member states regarding the interpretation of the Energy Efficiency Directive & the revision of the directives concerning the energy performance of buildings
- 30.10.2015 Response to the public consultation on the evaluation of the energy performance of buildings directive
- 26.10.2105 EHHA.ELO.EPF.TEGoVA.UIPI common letter to Commissioner Arias Cañete concerning the revision of the Energy Performance of Buildings Directive, possible consolidation of EPBD and the Building-specific provisions of the Energy Efficiency Directive
- 24.04.2013 Response to the public consultation on the review of progress towards the 2020 energy efficiency objetive and a 2030 energy efficiency policy framework
- 11.02.2013 EHH-ELO-EPF-TEGoVA-UIPI common position on a Commission proposal for the amendement of the Environmental Impact Assessment Directive
- 08.09.2011 ELO EPF-UEPC TEGoVA UEHHA UIPI common position on a Commission proposal for a directive on Energy Efficiency